The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) will administer the federal appropriation totaling $58,602,000 in Community Development Block Grant - Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds for the State's recovery from Hurricanes Hermine and Matthew. The DEO website will be periodically updated as new information becomes available.
If you have any questions or comments please email Disaster Recovery staff.
2017 CDBG-DR Webinar Presentations
2017 CDBG-DR Action Plan
2017 CDBG-DR Action Plan Public Notices
- The Disaster Recovery Initiative has allocated more than $318 million to communities across the state
- Disaster Recovery projects rehabilitate damaged housing and infrastructure, strengthen housing and public structures
- More than 40 Florida counties have benefited from disaster recovery grants during the initiatives three funding cycles
- Residential recovery funds have repaired storm-damaged houses, provided funding for buy-outs, and relocation for flood plain residents
- Infrastructure funds have provided much needed storm water, sewer, drainage, and street improvements
Disaster Recovery Funding Cycles
2016 Hurricane Season
- Hurricane Hermine (DR-4280) was federally-declared a major disaster by the President on September 28, 2016.
- Hurricane Matthew (DR-4283) was federally-declared a major disaster by the President on October 8, 2016.
- $58,602,000 in federal grant funds were released in response to Hurricanes Hermine and Matthew.
2008 Hurricane Season
- $107,680,530 in grant funds were released following Tropical Storm Fay and Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. Funds were directed to areas facing the greatest need.
- $26,894,183 in supplemental grant funds were released to further the state's long-term disaster recovery efforts.
2005 Hurricane Season
- $82,904,000 in grant funds were released following Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma. Disaster recovery funds were distributed to 20 Florida counties.
2004 Hurricane Season
- $100,915,626 in grant funds were issued following Tropical Storm Bonnie and Hurricanes Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne.
Disaster Recovery Enhancement Funds
Quarterly Performance Reports to HUD
The Department reports on disaster recovery awards on a quarterly basis using Housing and Urban Development's online Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting system.
K Grant (2008 Storm Series - Tropical Storms Faye, Gustav, and Ike)
Z Grant (2005 Storms)
A Grant (2005 Storms - Supplemental)