e-WOTC Account Information
Already have a password?
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is a federal income tax credit that provides incentives to private for-profit employers to encourage the hiring of individuals from certain targeted groups of jobseekers who traditionally have difficulty finding employment.
Employers can reduce their federal income tax liability up to $9,600 during the first year of employment of a member of a targeted group, depending on the target group. There is no limit to the number of qualified employees for which an employer may receive this tax credit.
WOTC Targeted Groups
- Qualified Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Recipients
- Qualified Veterans/Disabled Veterans/ Unemployed Veterans
- Qualified Ex-felons
- Qualified Designated Community Residents (residing in an Empowerment Zone)
- Qualified Vocational Rehabilitation Referrals
- Qualified Summer Youth (residing in an Employment Zone)
- Qualified Food Stamp Recipients
- Qualified Supplemental Security Income Recipients
- Qualified Long-term Family Assistance Recipients
For job applicants who appear eligible, employers must submit a physical (mail) or electronic (online) application, a Pre-Screening Notice and Certification Request for the Work Opportunity Credit within 28 days of the employee’s employment start date.
The forms required for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit are:
- Pre-Screening Notice Form – IRS Form 8850 | Instructions
- Individual Characteristics Form – ETA Form 9061
- Eligibility Verification Form
WOTC eligible workers must be employed for a minimum of 120 hours to qualify for a tax credit.
Note: Employers must employ Summer Youth Workers between May 1st and September 15th.
Apply for the WOTC Program
Submit Your Pre-screening Notice and Certification Online Through e-WOTC
Electronic WOTC (e-WOTC) is a paperless alternative to the traditional WOTC application process. Florida’s new e-WOTC process eliminates mailing paper documents to and from the Department of Economic Opportunity.
Employers must first request an e-WOTC account by completing the online e-WOTC Account Request form. Follow the steps below.
- Complete and submit Account Profile Online Form.
- Print, complete, sign and notarize the Security Agreement Form. Return the Security Agreement Form by mail to the WOTC Security Officer. The mailing address is indicated on the form.
- Upon receipt and approval of the Security Agreement Form, you will receive your e-WOTC login information.
- Login to e-WOTC and select options from the account menu. See the demonstration video below.
- Please refer to the User's Guide of the e-WOTC Application Process and e-WOTC Terms and Conditions below for clarification regarding use of the system.
Read e-WOTC Terms and Conditions
Read User's Guide to the e-WOTC Application Process
Submit Your Request for Certification by Mail
Send signed Request for Certification documents (IRS Form 8850 and ETA Form 9061) to the address below.
Department of Economic Opportunity
WOTC Tax Credit Program
MSC #G-300, Caldwell Building
107 East Madison Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4140
More WOTC Program Information
Learn more about the WOTC program, eligibility requirements and documentation guidelines through the following resources.