CONTACT1000  logo180  

Frequently Asked Questions

My business was damaged during a disaster, where can I find help?
Businesses that suffer economic or physical damage due to a disaster can submit a Business Damage Assessment through the State’s website.  This data is used by the state to apply for federal relief programs and to analyze the need for additional relief measures.
Additionally, businesses can report their damage to their local Emergency Management department.  Data collection varies by county, so contact your local Emergency Management department to ensure the county captures your business’ information.
Finally, business owners can visit the Recovery Resources webpage on for information about Florida’s Emergency Bridge Loan, SBA Disaster Loans, and other relief programs.
I would like to donate goods or services to support recovery efforts, what should I do?
Thank you for supporting Florida’s recovery. Volunteer Florida coordinates with Florida Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster and local and state government emergency management agencies to meet volunteer and donation needs. Browse the Volunteer Florida website for volunteer opportunities provided by partner agencies or to donate to the Florida Disaster Fund.  
Volunteer Florida’s motto is Cash, Confirm, Connect. 
Cash: Financial support to established relief organizations is always the most immediate, useful, and versatile way to give. Financial assistance allows relief organizations to meet urgent needs quickly.
Confirm: If you prefer to donate items instead of providing cash donations, confirm there is a need before collecting or sending donated items.  
Connect: Volunteers are a critical part of a well-coordinated and well-resourced humanitarian response, but potential volunteers should not self-deploy and should confirm that they are needed before traveling to impacted areas.
How do I register to do business with the state of Florida?
To register as a vendor with the state, each business must:
• Have an active registration with;
• Have an active registration in the MyFloridaMarketPlace Vendor Information Portal;
• Have a copy of your E-Verify status on file;
• Have a current W-9 filed with the Florida Department of Financial Services; and
• Not be on the State of Florida’s Convicted, Suspended or Discriminatory lists.
For more information, see Doing Business with the State of Florida.
My company is interested in supplying products and/or services to Florida during times of emergency.  How can my company supply the state and local governments?
If your business provides the products and services that may assist in response during an emergency event, contact the Florida Department of Management Services, Division of State Purchasing. DMS maintains a list of vendors that have agreed to make all reasonable efforts to ensure that certain goods and services remain available during emergencies. State and local purchasing professionals may use the list to make purchases during emergencies. More information is available here. 
How do I register to do business with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)?
When FEMA responds to a disaster, their goal is to contract with local businesses in the affected area, whenever practical and feasible.  Learn about their procurement process and most-requested commodities on the Doing Business with FEMA website.  Links to transportation service opportunities, debris removal, emergency lodging providers, and volunteers/donations are listed on their website under Additional Resources.
I am licensed by the state of Florida as a building professional or supplier.  How can I assist property owners with repairs?  
The Disaster Contractors Network is an online database of contractors available to work in disaster areas. Those wishing to assist individuals after a disaster should register with the network to be listed as available. The Disaster Contractors Network helps disaster survivors find trusted, Florida-certified contractors to assist in recovery efforts.  
I am a building professional or supplier not licensed with the state of Florida.  How can I assist property owners with repairs?  
Construction work in Florida must be performed by a contractor licensed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR).  Visit the DBPR website or call the DBPR customer care hotline at 850-487-1395 to learn about your options. 
I need to check my business for damage.  What are the requirements to enter a damaged area?
In the state of Florida, re-entry to a damaged area is determined by local officials.  It is extremely important for individuals to follow the instructions of local law enforcement and elected officials who are working to resolve hazardous conditions before community members return.  Local officials know their communities and are best-suited to facilitate a safe and timely re-entry process.
The Florida Re-entry Guidelines require that anyone seeking re-entry should carry the following three items:
• A valid government-issued ID, such as a Driver’s License or Passport;
• Proof of Employment, such as employer credentials or a letter on employer letterhead; and
• A demonstrated need to enter the area, such as a work order, inventory list, or employer authorization.
If you are unable to re-enter an area that has been deemed safe after a disaster, or if you experience an issue with a curfew order, please contact the Private Sector Hotline at 850-815-4925 or email is not allowing me to log-in and the “Forgot Password” option is not working.  What should I do?
We apologize for the inconvenience.  Send an email to with your name and User Email ID, and we will reset your account.
I have a concern about price gouging.  Who should I contact?
Thank you for keeping Florida consumers safe.  Contact the Florida Office of Attorney General at 866-966-7226 to notify them of suspected price gouging.
Where can I get the latest information about emergency conditions?
Shelter openings, school closures, power outages, and the latest disaster information is available through the Florida Division of Emergency Management website.
I have a concern about my employer, who should I contact?
Contact the Federal Department of Labor at 866-487-9243 to report concerns about your employer.
I am a Florida resident with a question, who should I contact?
The State Assistance Information Line 800-342-3557 is a toll-free hotline activated at the time of an emergency to provide an additional resource for those in Florida to receive accurate and up-to-date information regarding an emergency or disaster situation impacting the state of Florida.