The Disability Program Navigator Initiative helps CareerSource Florida centers improve employability and increase career opportunities available to job seekers with disabilities.
Major Objectives of the Disability Program Navigator Initiative
- Increase employment and self-sufficiency for social security beneficiaries and individuals with disabilities; and help individuals understand how earnings may affect their social security benefits and other support programs.
- Create systemic change to transform the culture of how CareerSource Florida centers serve customers with disabilities.
- Facilitate linkages to the employer community so individuals with disabilities may access programs and services.
The Disability Program Navigator Initiative provides dedicated Program Navigator staff to:
- Train career center staff on how to better serve individuals with disabilities.
- Make contact with employers in their communities.
- Develop job opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Ensure that individuals with disabilities entering a CareerSource Florida center do not encounter barriers to using the facility.
More Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
Follow these links for additional resources: