The Mobile Career Center is available to the Governor, the Local Workforce Development Boards (LWDBs), the Department of Economic Opportunity, CareerSource Florida and other private and public groups with workforce related needs.
The Mobile Career Center:
- Responds to workforce reductions.
- Attends trade shows, job fairs, and expositions.
- Targets youth and elder services at schools, senior centers, boot camps, etc.
- Targets military personnel and spouses who plan to enter or re-enter the civilian workforce.
- Provides services to rural communities.
- Visits employer organization meetings to promote knowledge and use of equipment and services in the mobile and brick and mortar career centers.
- Provides tutorial and workforce skills training. It is also a key component of our disaster assistance response services.
The Mobile Career Center is equipped with telecommunications equipment capable of being deployed inside or outside of the vehicle.
The Mobile Career Center offers a full array of employment, reemployment and employer services. It contains nine computer workstations and a training room that can accommodate eight additional computer stations. You may access the Mobile Career Center to do the following:
- File unemployment compensation claims,
- File intake applications for welfare recipients,
- Search automated job banks, and
- Participate in skills training.
View the Guidelines and Procedures for the Mobile Career Center.
View the Calendar to see when the Mobile Career Center is available.
Fill out the Scheduling Form to schedule the Mobile Career Center for your group.
Find a CareerSource Center in the CareerSource Center Directory.