Repaying Your Reemployment Benefit Overpayment
If the overpayment has been referred to a collection agency, then payments cannot be made directly to the Department. The collection agency must be contacted in order to make repayment arrangements. Any payments the Department receives after the debt has been referred will be forwarded to the collection agency.
Overpayments that have not been referred to a collection agency can be repaid to the department either by check/money order or by credit card:
- Payment by check/money order:
- Complete and print the payment coupon.
- Make check/money order payable to Unemployment Compensation Trust Fund
- Mail check/money order and completed payment coupon to:
Benefit Payment Control
P. O. Drawer 5050
Tallahassee, Fl 32314-5050
- Payment by credit card:
- Overpayments can be made with your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card.
- To make an overpayment by credit card click here.
Note: Payments made by debt or credit card may take between five to seven days to post to your overpayment account.
IMPORTANT: An email address will be required for you to complete Step 1 of this payment process.