Requesting Benefit Payment
- Where do I request my weeks of benefits?
Once you are scheduled to request benefits, you will see the option in the CONNECT menu “Request Benefit Payment.”
- How long do I have to request my benefits?
You have 7 days to request benefits from your scheduled date. Failure to request your benefits in a timely manner will result in the loss of benefit weeks.
- When I request my benefits, it says I have not completed the full registration with Workforce Services. I completed my profile already, how do I fix this?
Please verify you have completed ALL three required sections of your Employ Florida Marketplace (EFM) profile. Please see these step-by-step
instructions to verify you have completed all sections correctly. If you have a preexisting profile, you must update the information for completion on a new claim.
If you have verified all parts have been completed correctly, it may be possible that you have entered your Social Security number, date of birth, or gender incorrectly. If the information does not match between the two systems,
CONNECT will be unable to verify the completion of your profile. Please check your EFM profile and verify that your information is correct.
If you are still unable to resolve this issue please contact us at 1-800-204-2418.
- What is a valid work search contact and what information do you need?
You are required to provide the following details for each job contact:
- Date of Contact
- Method of Contact (In person, Online, Fax, Phone, etc.)
- Business Name including telephone number & complete address, website URL or an e-mail
- Results of your search
- Type of work sought
- How many work search contacts do I need to provide to the department per benefit week?
You are required to provide five work search contacts per week. The following are exceptions and exemptions:
- If you reside in a low-population county, you are required to submit three contacts weekly
- If you are a Union Member, you are required to remain in good standing and maintain regular contact with your Union.
- If you have a Temporary Layoff and will return to the same employer within 8 weeks, you are exempt from the work search requirements.
- If you are offered new employment and have a start date within 6 weeks, you are exempt from the work search requirements.
- If you are a part of an approved training program, you are exempt from the work search requirements.
If you qualify for one of these exemptions and still receive a request for full work search information, please contact us at 1-800-204-2418 for assistance.
- When will I receive my debit card?
The Florida Debit Card will be issued by mail after the first payment on your claim is made via debit card. If you have previously been issued a debit card, they are valid for three years from the initial issue date.
Your previous card will receive any payments on your current claim. If you have lost your previous debit card and/or have not received your debit card 10 business days after your first debit payment, please contact our card provider,
International: 1-866-601-2850 (This includes Puerto Rico. This line is not toll free)
- My profile says a debit card was issued, where is my debit card?
This is a default system message. If you have a card from a previous claim, a new card will not be issued by default. Your previous card will be considered your active card if it was issued within the last three years. If you no
longer have your previous card, please contact our card provider at the above contact information.
- Why do I have a negative balance on my debit card?
The debit provider, Xerox, has certain fees associated with the card. This includes a limited number of contacts to their phone lines per month. Please review the information issued with your card for more details surrounding these
fees. Xerox also provides additional methods to check your balance including SMS notifications (text messages), checking at approved ATMs, as well as a web portal to view your balance information. Please visit their website, www.eppicard.com for more information.
- Why isn’t my CONNECT PIN working for my debit card?
Because the CONNECT PIN is separate from the debit card PIN. You will need to follow the instructions included with the card in order to activate it and
establish a PIN for it.
- Why can’t I enter my Banking information on CONNECT?
There are several reasons your banking information may be rejected:
- The information you are entering is incorrect.
- The interface to verify the information is currently down.
- Your bank is not approved for direct deposit.
- You are attempting to use a prepaid card for direct deposit purposes.
Unfortunately, we do not accept every financial institution; your bank may not be eligible for Direct Deposit. Please select Debit Card if you have no other financial