- Local government transmits the complete proposed plan amendment as follows:
- To the State Land Planning Agency (Department of Economic Opportunity):
- One paper copy, and
- Two electronic copies on a CD ROM in PDF format
- To the review agencies:
- The transmittal letter / cover sheet shall clearly indicate "amendment is subject to State Coordinated Review process pursuant to Section 163.3184(4), Florida Statutes".
- Within five working days the local government and agencies are notified by the State Land Planning Agency of receipt of the amendment.
- Within 30 days of receipt by the State Land Planning Agency of the complete amendment, the reviewing agencies shall send comments directly to the State Land Planning Agency.
- Within 60 days after receipt of complete amendment, the State Land Planning Agency issues the Objection, Recommendation and Comments Report to the local government.
- Local government shall hold a second public hearing within 180 days after receipt of the Objection, Recommendation, and Comments Report. If the local government fails within 180 days after receipt of the Objection, Recommendation and Comments Report to hold a second public hearing, the amendment(s) shall be deemed withdrawn unless extended by agreement and notice to the State Land Planning Agency and any affected party that provided comments on the amendment.
- Within 30 days after the local government adopts the amendment, an affected person may file petition with the Department of Administrative Hearings
- Local governments shall transmit three copies of the adopted amendment package within 10 working days after the second public hearing to the State Land Planning Agency and one copy to any other agency or local government that provided timely comments.
- The State Land Planning Agency shall determine the completeness of the package and notify the local government within five working days of receipt (see Section 163.3184(3)(c)3, Florida Statutes).
Adopted Package Contents
An adopted package is determined complete if it includes:
- Executed copy of adoption ordinance
- Text in strike-through/underline format
- For Future Land Use Map amendment changes:
- copy of the Future Land Use Map depicting existing land use designation and depicting the adopted land use designation
- copy of any data and analysis
- Within 45 days of receipt of a complete adopted plan amendment. The State Land Planning Agency issues Notice of Intent to find plan in compliance or not incompliance.
- The State Land Planning Agency shall post a copy of Notice of Intent on its web site.
- Plan amendment shall go into effect pursuant to the State Land Planning Agency's Notice of Intent if in compliance and no challenge is filed by an affected party when the Notice of Intent is posted to the State Land Planning Agency's web site.