We Are the Rural Economic Development Initiative
Section 288.0656, Florida Statutes, establishes the Rural Economic Development Initiative (REDI) to better serve Florida's rural communities by providing a more focused and coordinated effort among state and regional agencies that provide programs and services for rural areas.
- Responds to specific community needs and requests.
- Works with communities to improve their rural economies.
- Assists communities in improving access to housing, health care, and educational opportunities.
- Recommends waivers of provisions of economic development programs on a project-by-project basis.
- Undertakes advocacy, outreach, and capacity building to improve conditions in rural communities.
- Provides direct access and referrals to appropriate state agencies as well as county and city associations.
- Reviews and evaluates the impact of statutes and rules on rural communities and works to minimize adverse impact.
Florida REDI Agencies by Statute Include:
Additional REDI Partners Include: