The Florida Microfinance Act will help provide Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses in Florida access to credit. The Act consists of two programs: a Loan Program and a Guarantee Program.
The Department of Economic Opportunity will competitively award funds to no more than three eligible Loan Administrators who will in-turn provide a 1:1 match to make short-term, Microloans of up to $50,000 to Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses. The Borrower(s) must participate in Business Training and Technical Assistance provided by the Florida Small Business Development Network.
How To Get Started
- Step 1. Contact a Loan Administrator.
- Step 2. Start and complete the application process.
- Step 3. Once approved you will need to contact The Small Business Development Center for business training.
- Step 4. The Small Business Development Center will notify your Loan Administrator that you have completed all or some of the business training that will make you eligible for loan disbursement.
- Pamela A. Tedesco, Interim President
- The Florida Black Business Support Corporation
- 2623 Blairstone Road
- Tallahassee, Florida 32301
- Telephone: (850) 765-0375
- Fax: (850) 270-1122
- Website: Access Florida Finance Corporation
- Serving all applicants statewide.
- $0 - $50K
- Emilio Santandreu, CEO
- OUR MicroLending, LLC
- 3191 Coral Way, Suite 109
- Miami, Florida 33145
- Telephone: (305) 854-8113
- Fax: (305) 844-8115
- Website: Our MicroLending
- Serving all applicants statewide
- $0 - $50K
- SE HABLA ESPAÑOL
Enterprise Florida, Inc., will utilize state funds to guarantee loans made by private lenders to Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses in Florida. Loan guarantees may only be provided on loans between $50,000 and $250,000, and a guarantee cannot exceed 50 percent of the total loan amount.
Under both programs, eligibility is limited to borrowers who are Entrepreneurs or Small Businesses with 25 or fewer employees and gross annual revenues of up to $1.5 million.
If you have any questions regarding either Loan Program please contact Garry Thomas at (850) 717-8479 or via email at email@example.com.
The training partner will provide Business Management Training, Business Development Training and Technical Assistance to Entrepreneurs and Small Businesses that receive micro-loans.